To serve is our pleasure. We intentionally make things better wherever we go and whatever we do. We always look to leave things better than we found them. We help bring out the best in others as they engage with their gifts and talents.
Everyone is a leader; some have larger leadership responsibilities. We all embrace being accountable to do our part to produce the needed relational and business results. We all own our part.
We love to grow! Making things “truly better” has us always learning and growing. If we see an opportunity to make something better we help to make it happen.
We know that for Quantum to work we must be committed to extending ourselves for the highest good of another person. This is not easy to do – but it is good!! “Love” is a bit of strange word to use. We are not meaning that we need to “hold hands and sing We Are the World ”. We do mean we are committed to giving our very best to each person we meet.
We Are Always Looking for Great People
Our focus is building a long-term sustainable company that is a great place to work and offers a remarkable client experience. Core to that strategy is attracting, investing in, and keeping the right people on our team! Here are some key character quality traits we look for in all our team members:
Want to Grow
You are committed to learning and growing, understanding that growth is challenging and not always straightforward.
Care for People
You demonstrate respect for people in your actions towards teammates, customers, and suppliers.
You do what you say you will do.
You do your best. You want to be proud of your work and your team.
Working in construction isn't easy. And at Quantum, we are breaking ground and doing things that haven’t been done before, which adds to the challenge. You need to be physically fit, work hard, and endure tough weather at times. But it is also rewarding. If you love building, constructing beautiful homes with your hands, and making a difference, then this could be perfect for you. So, if you are a self-motivated team player who loves a work environment where people are recognized and cared for, we’d love to meet you!
Living in Haliburton Highlands
Quantum Passivhaus is a full-service Passive certified design/engineer/manufacture/build firm located in the heart of Ontario cottage country, the Haliburton Highlands. Living and working in the Minden area is sure to delight active, adventurous individuals who appreciate great Canadian natural beauty. Benefits of living in Haliburton:
Housing costs are nearly half of what they are living in the GTA. And with way more room, clean air… and no traffic!
This is one of Ontario’s finest outdoor adventure playgrounds with the best scenery, lakes, rivers, water sports, hiking, fishing, biking and healthy living.
Our area is fun, safe, healthy, and conducive to raising a family.
With one of the lowest population densities in Ontario, living in Haliburton Highlands provides space to breathe and do life outside.
Location: 8 Peck Street, Minden, ON K0M 2K0
Quantum Passivhaus is a Designer and Prefabricator of high-performance passive house buildings. We are a team based, forward thinking company and constantly focused on building innovation.
We specialize in the construction of residential homes and structures that meet the International Passive House Institute Energy Standard (IPHI).
We are looking to expand our design team and require a full-time architectural designer with their BCIN (for Small Buildings/House) or the ability to obtain their BCIN within 2months of obtaining the job.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Details of this position:
- Permanent, Full time
- 40 hours a week Minimum, overtime after 44h
- 10 vacation days/ vacation pay 4% on wages earned
Job Duties: Architectural designer/architectural design technician will perform the following duties:
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Gathering the necessary measurements, dimensions, and other routine calculations for design layouts.
- Assisting in coming up with suitable design recommendations based on factors such as budget, the building site, and recent trends.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports to ensuring that all layouts and blueprints are compliant with industry codes and legal standards.
- Using CAD software and manual drawing techniques to assist in producing drawings for architectural plans for management approval;
- Assisting in reworking and modifying designs based on specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from comments and reviews from management and client feedback.
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
- Ensuring all vital information and documentation is recorded and maintained.
- excellent communications skills
- Productively works with others as a team member as well as independently
- Can work well under deadlines
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years of Construction knowledge and drafting experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, Illustrator, Google Suite, Sketchup, Rhino, InDesign, and Model Making
- A working knowledge of Lumion, Excel, 3D Printing would also be an asset
As part of your opportunity to learn more about Passive House, Quantum is dedicated to partnering with you toprovide you with all the training required for a great career experience. Also required of the ideal candidate is a willingness to locate and adapt to life in Rural Ontario. Minden is located In Haliburton County with a population of about 6,000. Being able to enjoy such an environment will be important to enjoying a long-term relationship with us.
Please email your resume and cover letter to explore a growing opportunity at Quantum to: email@example.com
Thank you for your application, we will contact those individuals who closely meet the job requirements for an interview.